Pre Construction Manager
Pre Construction Manager Vacancy / Social/Affordable Housing / Permanent
Your new company have not just been building new homes, but creating vibrant, sustainable communities. A career with with this residential developer is both challenging and rewarding, and with large investments currently being made to drive learning and development, as well as fantastic national growth plans, now is a great time to join.
This particular developer is looking for a Pre Construction Manager to work specifically within their social and affordable housing divisions.
Reporting to the Development Director, you will have a fantastic team around that are driven to deliver everything they promise to their clients.
Your new role
- Managing the Pre-Construction phase process for a range of Affordable Housing Projects liaising with the internal management team, leading external consultants and specialist subcontractors
- Ensuring efficiency of designs implemented to meet client's requirements
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met and that the designs are compliant with the Contract Requirements
- Supporting the Directors to develop new business
- Demonstrating a strong commercial awareness identifying opportunities and risks
- Selecting and appointing appropriate design professionals
- Managing the design team
- Assist the development team in value engineering all projects to ensure best value for both Robertson and the client
- Leading or participating as required in Value Management and Risk Management exercises
- Managing design solutions to meet client budgets
- Reporting on projects at time of tender and final contract signing
- Undertaking & reporting on the commercial viability of all opportunities at an early stage of the process
- Ensuring CDM Regulations are complied with particularly that design risk assessments are carried out by the design team
- Assisting with pre-qualification information
What you'll need to succeed
- Professionally recognised qualifications: HND / BSc Hons / SVQ Level 5
- Construction Management or Pre Construction Management experience with a residential developer
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of the Management Team
- Excellent Leadership / Interpersonal and Communication Skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of Scotland's best developers, accompanied by a salary that will challenge any.
They really do pride themselves on looking after their staff, and they truly excited about what the next few years has in store for them.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.