Project Coordiantor / Manager (immediate interview) - Glasgow
Role:Project Coordinator / Manager (Immediate interview)
Salary:£55-65k + benefits + Career Opportunity
We are partnering a leading insurance company with offices throughout the UK. This role will be based from state of the art offices in Glasgow with some occasional travel to Manchester.
We are looking for an experienced Lean Six Sigma Black Belt / Practitioner to coordinate and manage the successful completion of a number of projects. You MUST have strong stakeholder management and leadership experience. This is a business critical role and sits at the forefront of business change and continuous improvement ( CI) .
This role sits within the newly created Operations Delivery Team, which is the main point of control for all business led change that impacts the Operations Department. It is responsible for a wide range of tasks and interacts with every area of the company. Main responsibilities are to coordinate and support all change initiatives that impact our business processes, regulatory requirements, risk profile, systems and colleague and customer journey’s. The Operations Delivery Team remit ranges from project lifecycle management, driving continuous improvement, stakeholder engagement, subject matter experts and to support the Operations service delivery.
They deliver change at pace and there are a number of strategic initiatives being run concurrently so the role holder must be able to support multiple change programmes at the same time. Managing stakeholders is key to ensuring projects are progressed and delivered quickly but with the right level of governance, ensuring the impact on all Operations colleagues and processes is fully understood, managed and communicated in a timely manner. The Delivery Team are the champions of continuous improvement and consistently strive to identify new and exciting opportunities to enhance our way of working and use innovation to solve complex problems.
- Ensure all projects and change requests are filtered through our Operational governance model
- Provide Operational support within Regulatory and Corporate governance to allocated Projects. Active involvement in the change management process for all Operations systems by co-ordinating activities and ensuring timely delivery in accordance with the requirements of the Project and to agreed timescales
- Document and communicate Operations-impacting changes. Proactively capturing future changes from other areas of the business, including Underwriting, Risk & Compliance and Programme Management.
- Establish and maintain a network of key stakeholders to ensure Operations are involved in all early stages of change
- Deliver regular change reports and updates to the Operations including Business Leaders and Head of Operations
- Use AGILE methods to coordinate Operation Delivery Team projects to ensure that Operations project goals and objectives are kept to the desired timescale and budget
- Use LEAN methods to drive continuous improvement within the team and across Operations, contributing to cost savings and generating revenue. Contribute to the Continuous Improvement strategy, challenging current ways of working
- Support Project Coordinators and give guidance/ coaching when required by the Delivery Manager
- For assigned projects, identify and implement the necessary activities within Operations for successful delivery, including training, procedural updates and early communication with stakeholders
- Research, investigation and analysis of information for specific projects, and the presentation of findings to the Operations Management in accordance with agreed timescales
- Complete reports to Operations and Programme Management as required, providing conclusions and recommendations where appropriate.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of information relating to Projects and proposed system or process changes to line manager, including contributing to training materials.
- Liaise with Operations Management, all Operations teams, IT, and all other internal departments to “Head of” level to ensure the smooth introduction of change
- Manage supporting Operations staff as and when the programme of work requires
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to Degree Level standard or professional equivalent
- LEAN Six Sigma/AGILE SCRUM/PM accredited
- Have experience in project coordination/management and a working knowledge of the insurance industry, combined with a detailed understanding of Operations processes and the challenges faced by Operational teams in the industry.
- Project Management methodology qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Must be PC literate. Competency in various IT packages would be of benefit, in particular excellent MS Excel knowledge. Knowledge of MS Project (or similar) and Visio an advantage.
- Skills and experience of reporting via a range of media and to a range of audiences is essential as is ability to produce and analyse MI
- Knowledge of implications of Regulatory and Corporate governance for Operations required.
- Understanding of Risk and mitigation and management an advantage
- Problem solving, decision-making (within agreed parameters) skills and attention to detail essential. It is necessary to possess credibility and knowledge sufficient to influence others.
- The jobholder must also possess excellent planning, organisation, time management and communication skills.
Please send your cv to paul(at)flexiblesolutionz(co)dot(uk) for an immediate and confidential chat.