Assistant Relationship Manager
To provide office based administration support to one or more Relationship Managers and their clients. The role involves extensive direct telephone contact with clients, supporting relationships with them, and taking primary responsibility for the accurate administration of their business with the company.
Globally renowned Investment Management company based in Edinburgh offering fantastic position for the right applicant
- Helping in inputting, manipulating and maintaining data on the client relationship management systems to monitor prospects, generate proposals and open accounts
- Taking responsibility to ensure all client communication is accurate, appropriate and delivered at the right time, including emails, letters and proposals
- Continually updating the relationship Managers on workloads
- Receiving telephone queries from clients and escalating as and when necessary. After appropriate training, the Assistant Relationship Manager (ARM) will be required to take dealing instructions directly from clients and their Relationship Manager(s) for ongoing placement
- Acting as the RM's representative in the office, enabling the information flow between the RM and their clients. Where appropriate examinations have been passed, and sufficient market knowledge has been gained and demonstrated via the coaching and appraisal process, the ARM may be required to explain products, portfolios and services, and relate them to clients' needs in terms of clients' risk tolerance and tax wrapper implications. This will depend on specific circumstances, and may also include formal client portfolio reviews under the guidance of the RM
- Supporting the dedicated Relationship Managers with Proposal writing, portfolio analysis, ongoing suitability requirements and other tasks such as ongoing client fact finding.
- End of tax year duties including CGT work and clients ISA subscriptions.
- When required, help prepare client review documents and proposal documents
- Planning and organising work flow with the RMs, especially during client reporting periods
- Liaising closely with relevant members of the companies Operations team to ensure full communication and understanding, minimising errors and maximising service levels
- Filing, in accordance with companies and FCA procedures
- Suggesting realistic and appropriate improvements to systems and procedures continually to improve service to clients and wealth managers
- Subscribing to the declared Mission and Tenets, and to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiatives
- Other, as reasonably required by your line manager the business.
The successful applicant must have:
- Accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail in order to maintain the highest levels of service.
- Ability to learn new systems tn ensure timely and accurate completion of workload.
- Numeracy skills
- Telephony skills
- Ability to manage workload
- knowledge of discretionary investment management administration, including tax wrappers.
- Knowledge and background from a Wealth Planning environment
An industry relevant qualification would be advantageous such as CISI IAD.
Fantastic opportunity to gain more insight into the Investment Management environment reporting directly to the Private Client Team leader on the Private Client Team with the offer of a competitive salary.