An exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager has arisen for a Dundee compay who will double the size of their opertion in the next 12 months. This growth means they require a manager to join and lead this key change and growth in the business.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As the Warehouse Manager you will be running very busy hands on operation that runs seven days a week. You will oversee the full activity of the department to ensure that it meets customers' needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
You will be dedicated to ensuring your people are engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against set key performance indicators. You will act as an advocate of the culture, values and safety standards. You'll also hold regular briefings and meetings with your team, providing them with a platform to suggest their own ideas to improve overall service standards to our customer.
- Having a clear operational plan - always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinary reviews, grievances, absences
What will you need to succeed?
- Excellent management style - encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership - being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Having a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A familiarity with working in a unionised environment.
- The desire to fully embrace being part of a wider team - happy to lend a hand to others where needed.
- Prior experience in a warehousing environment
- Strong health and safety knowledge
To be considered for this position please click on the apply button and follow the instructions.