Management Accountant - Drinks Sector
This role is all about understanding, managing and reconciling key balance sheet accounts, including inventory, excise duties, GRNI and fixed assets. You'll be focused on understanding the flow of data through the group - including identification and mitigation of risk.
My client is a global drinks brand, with a market leading reputation. They offer excellent learning and development opportunities, and excellent career progression.
The management accountant will work with colleagues across the Group and act as the conduit between production accountants and management accountants, providing information and insight on our balance sheet.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in project work, including focusing on IT provision and procurement. And you'll be a key point of contact for key balance sheet accounts during internal and external audits.
You'll also be:
- Delivering a monthly review of key balance sheet accounts and variance investigation and resolution
- Working closely with local supply chain accountants/analysts and local plant management on process improvements
- Providing a monthly inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Conducting month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
- You'll be a qualified accountant (or qualified by experience) with extensive experience of cost accounting within the manufacturing industry
- Demonstrable ability to add value through process improvement and controls enhancement
- Dedication to providing user friendly and useful financial information.
- A high degree of professionalism
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Previous industry or FMCG experience in inventory accounting would be desirable
- JD Edwards knowledge would be desirable
My client is able to offer the following package;
Salary ranging from £35,000 - £40,000
Company bonus scheme - dependant on company results.
Pension - matching 5% scheme
Share Save Scheme
30 Days annual leave (+ 4PH fixed)
Private Healthcare - option to add on additional family members.
On site parking / Cycle to work scheme
A range of corporate discounts.