up to £35,000 - Edinburgh, Scotland
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and add value to peoples liives. Joining an established team, we are looking for a motivated and inspirational care manager with experience of either care homes, nursing, nursing homes, live in care, community care, hospitals, private clinics etc, CQC environment.
You will visit various regional client placements and care teams in various areas as well as family and client homes. It is important therefore you have come from a Care background that has been regulated and inspected by the CQC.
In your previous role you will have had to ensure legal and company responsibilities, key performance indicators (KPIs) and liabilities are fulfilled accurately and compliantly,
Directly managed the healthcare, social care, home care team who are responsible for care in the community as well as healthcare and social care delivered.
Delivered healthcare and social care maintaining KPIs and Standard Operating Procedures are achieved and delivered adhering to legislation and company values within set time line.
Expereince of Client / patient assessments to guarantee the required centre of attention is delivered in time
Been legally responsible for the care service delivered as per the requirements of legislation.
Made certain regulatory requirements comply by thoroughly managing all cases to achieving solid CQC results
You will support the regional manager in reaching all Key Performance Indicators associated with your region and accomplishing delivery of care for the organisation.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of care to all clients, support the line management of the professional care team and maximise contact with key care professionals.
In your previous role you will have been responsible for:
Supporting a region, delivering client care, within either a care home, hospital or care home environment.
- Undertaking client assessments, in accordance with legislation and company values the client care pathway ensuring all focus on placements/ clients/ patients, whether home based or in care home, hospital is delivered within agreed time lines
- Domiciliary work e.g. lifting/ moving patients, manual lifting/handling, hoists etc
- Accountable for client/ patient set up from client start date, including paperwork and systems data
- Ensuring all client/ patient paperwork is coordinated in a timely manner for the finance team (completion of a weekly case review to ensure client fee changes, contract variations etc
- Maintaining care-related documents, ensuring all processes completed
- Planning the case load for care related activity from point of assessment through to service end)
- Communication with all key professionals associated with the care delivery within placements
- Supporting communication with clients and their families
- Identifying areas for improvements and preparing plans for execution and delivery
You will have domiciliary experience and training within care and / or associated qualifications.
- Proven track record working in the care sector
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Planning and organisational skills
- NVQ4 or above.
- Experience in supervising or managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and with patients/ customers
- Due to the nature of the work and geography covered i.e. covering Scotland you will need to be a driver, with a full current valid driving licence.
Holds one or more of the following qualifications, NOT ALL OF THEM!:
- SVQ 4 Health and Social Care or
- SVQ Level 4 Care or
- Degree or Diploma in Community Education or equivalent as recognised by the Standards Council for Community Learning and Development or
- Social Work Qualification or General Teaching Council or
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, or
- General Medical Council or
- Health and Care Professions Council:
- Occupational Therapists or
- Art, Music and Drama Therapists or
- Physiotherapists or
- Speech and Language Therapists or
- Practitioner Psychologists. or
- Leadership and Management for Care Services.
This role is based in Scotland and is commutable from Edinburgh, Lothian, Glasgow, East Kilbride, Paisley, Hamilton, Wishaw, Livingston, Bathgate, Broxburn, Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness, Perth, City of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Airport, Kirknewton, Newbridge, West Leith, Blackford, Musselburgh, Dalkeith, Roslin, Penicuik, Loanhead, Gorebridge, Prestonpans, Queensferry, Livingston, Stirling.