The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for understanding and reviewing clients investment needs, attitude to risk, current investments, personal circumstances and then proposing a suitable investment strategy. The role is a mixture of selling and servicing relationships with financial planners and their clients.
Globally renowned Investment Management Company based in central Edinburgh.
- Understanding and reviewing clients' investment needs, attitude to risk, personal circumstances and current investments and proposing a suitable investment strategy.
- This involves reviewing existing investment portfolios, often producing a detailed written review and proposal as to how we might alter the investments, taking into account a client's investment aims, attitude to risk and personal circumstances including the tax situation. This will often require a meeting with prospective clients and often their financial planner to present our proposal.
- 'Managing out' existing investments and reinvesting the capital into managed portfolios
- Regular reporting changes within portfolios and performance to clients and their financial planners
- Attending review meetings with clients as required to maintain a suitable investment strategy appropriate for the client and his/her aims.
Developing Repeat Business with Financial Planners
- To engage with prospective financial planners and then to qualify the potential and quality of the business which they could provide
- Work in conjunction with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to develop new commercial relationships with planning firms in Scotland.
- To understand the business of the prospective financial planners and to develop financial planners' own understanding of the benefits and potential for them in providing business to the company
- To present and discuss the appropriate proposition with financial planners
- To produce and follow through individually tailored proposals for the financial planners to reflect the proposition discussed with them
- To convert such prospective financial planners into fully signed up financial planners with specific plans and actions agreed with them in order to gain the maximum appropriate business from their client base
- To manage the relationship with each financial planner in order to develop the volume and quality of business from each, including: Speaking with/meeting the financial planners regularly to discuss their client base, and to motivate them to seek further opportunities for the company within both their existing and potential client base / Keeping the financial planner up to date with relevant and accurate information
Developing Business with New Clients
- To engage with prospective clients via their financial planner
- To understand the needs of prospective new clients, and to develop an individual client's own understanding of his/her needs, in conjunction with their financial planner
- To present and discuss the appropriate proposition with prospective clients, liaising with their financial planner
- To produce and follow through individually tailored proposals for the prospective clients, to reflect the proposition agreed with the client and their financial planner
- To convert such prospective clients into clients with all appropriate assets transferred.
- To make presentations on the companies proposition to relevant groups
- To maintain the sales and CRM databases of prospective and existing financial planners and clients, and to provide the required forecasting and business plan information
- To work closely with relevant Assistant RMs (ARMs)
- To work in a close and flexible team with all of the companies BDMs, RMs and ARMs
- To subscribe to company Mission and Tenets and TCF initiative
- Other responsibilities and duties as reasonably required by the company and the relevant line manager.
The successful applicant will have experience in Relationship Management in a similar environment and should hold the CISI PCIAM paper and be Level 6 qualified.
Relationship building skills are required alongside a strong commercial awareness.
Fantastic opportunity for experienced Relationship Manager based in Edinburgh.