Allocations Officer, Fixed Term, West Lothian Civic Centre 411.34 C/D 28/10/2018 INTERNAL APPLICANTS
Fixed Term until 31 August 2018
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
The key duties of this post are:
- You will- be responsible for the delivery of a high quality customer focused housing service, which delivers the Council's commitments In achieving sustainable communities. You will be responsible for allocating all vacant properties belonging to West Lothian Council and a percentage of vacant properties belonging to registered social landlords.
- Responsible for the Implementation of all housing policies and procedures and ensure compliance with current-legislation,regulation and good practice.
- As an individual you should be highly motlvated, be able to plan and organise your workload, achieve performance targets and provide an excellent customer service to our customers
- As an allocations officer you will have the ability to work In a largely unsupervised environment, be competent In decision making process In relation to complex housing tasks and resolve problems to progress projects.
- Working with applicants who have varying degrees of housing need, delivering a customer focused approach to achieve a better quality of life for customer, adopting a multi-agency approach on an Individual basis.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Chartered Institute of Housing Level 4 or Significant experience of working In a Housing Environment
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation eg Housing (Scotland) Act 2001
- IT literate - an ability to use software applications, email, excel, data entry, word, powerpoint etc
- Ability to Identify and resolve complex housing Issues Highly developed Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work in a pressured environment
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY