Shift Manager (Parcel Distribution)
Circa £31.5K + Bonus - Based Newbridge EH28 8PW
DPD are currently recruiting for an experienced and customer centric Shift Manager to join our thriving business.
This role, which is based in our Edinburgh Depot, will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of the UK's leading parcel delivery business in a business critical role.
As the Shift Manager responsible for the efficient management of driver deliveries and collections you’ll enjoy a business-critical role. You will typically work early mornings through to mid-afternoon, focusing on the smooth management of the delivery and collections function/process.
Primarily working with and supervising both self employed franchised drivers (ODF’s) and employed drivers your day-to-day responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that drivers scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining on-going communication with drivers to resolve any issues
- Ensuring adequate resources are available to guarantee any ad-hoc collections are picked up either via your pool of drivers or by using couriers/agencies.
- Keeping your team of drivers (employed and self-employed) engaged, motivated and reliable, so that all productivity, operational and quality targets are fulfilled
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation and systems are completed accurately and in line with company and/or legislative requirements
Passionate about providing outstanding service, you will thrive operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace is key to your success. You should have a good level of people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team. In addition, we’ll also expect you to:
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal, with strong and decisive decision-making, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a good degree of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data, along with the initiative to act accordingly
- Be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required
- Be comfortable working within and adhering to set Key Performance indicators, spanning Transport, Health & Safety and Costs
- You must be willing to work 5 Shifts across all 7 days, this will include weekends
- You must hold a full driving licence.
DPD is the UK’s leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier and as a multiple award- winning business, we’re also a great organisation to join. In return, you can look forward to an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, bonus and the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy