Strategy Support Officer, Whitehill Service Centre 411.02 C/D 28/10/18
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 28 October 2018. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Contributing to the Council’s aim to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill, the post holder will develop and progress projects relating to waste management and assist the council in meeting the aims of the Scottish Government’s Zero Waste Plan.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Qualified to HNC level in an environmental discipline or related subject or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of current/pending legislation
- Must be numerate, literate and I.T. competent
- Experience of working within the waste management industry
- Experience of customer and stakeholder engagement at a frontline message delivery level
- Experience of working with young people and children, in education and awareness
- Experience of working with people in group situations, in education and awareness
- Extensive knowledge of both Scotland’s Zero Waste Plan and the West Lothian Council Waste Management Plan
- To have knowledge of the Curriculum for Excellence, the Eco-Schools programme and Sustainable Development Education, and how they relate to waste and litter education.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- A good communicator