Employment Development Officer, Ability Centre, 411.17, CD 28/10/2019
We are seeking to recruit an Employment Development Officers to join the Social Policy Supported Employment Service to support people with disabilities to develop the skills and experience needed to achieve individual employment goals. The post holder will have high aspirations for service users and will be involved in working with a wide range of stakeholders to secure a wide range of employment related opportunities for people.
The post holder may be required to work full-time within any business involved in the Project Search partnership.
The Skills you must have:
- Educated to HNC level or with substantial relevant experience in a related field
- Experience of providing intensive one-to-one support to adults who have disabilities
- Some experience of supporting people to develop skills relevant to gaining employment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, especially on a one to one confidential basis
- An understanding of barriers in making the successful transition towards engaging in the labour market
- An ability to deliver a service within a social inclusion and empowerment practice framework
- Customer service approach in a working environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with partner organisations
- Ability to prioritise, manage workload and work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of Data Protection
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages and efficient IT skills
A PVG check is required for this post.
Having a criminal conviction does not necessarily bar you from gaining employment with West Lothian Council. To view Disclosure Scotland’s Code of Practice visit