Gas Trade Supervisor
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Gas Trade Supervisor
Donside Village Square, Aberdeen
£38,647 per annum (rising to £40,681 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have a great opportunity for an ACS qualified Gas Trade Supervisor, working across the North East of Scotland. With recent experience in a similar role you will ensure the delivery of a high quality Gas Operations Service across multiple sites that meets both contract and customer expectations.
The role of Gas Trade Supervisor will include:
- Working across North East Scotland, and travelling from our Aberdeen office base
- Supporting Gas Operations Manager in the delivery of a high quality Gas Operations Service including both servicing and installations to domestic and commercial properties
- Conducting the carrying out of construction, fault fixing and maintenance duties, ensuring that work is carried out within agreed timescales and to the required high standards
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Managing equipment resources effectively within agreed budget
- Assisting the recruitment, performance and development of staff
Skills and experiences:
- You will possess an ACS qualification and a current Gas Safe Registration with recent experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Heath & Safety legislation
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective work solutions
- You will also be required to be on standby so a flexible approach is essential
- An understanding of Microsoft Office (or similar) is required
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 26 October 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.