Project Manager, Civic Centre, 411.33, CD 28/10/2018, INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
Fixed Term to 30 November 2019.
To lead and deliver projects, activities and systems which drive and support service improvement on all aspects of service delivery on the management of void properties across the service and which also reduces the use of bed and breakfast/hotel accommodation for the homeless including void properties, temporary tenancies, open market acquisitions.
To support Head of Service/service managers with project management activities related to the homelessness accommodation project and other service led projects ensuring that they are managed to corporate project management standards
The key duties of this post are:
Lead all aspects of project management delivery, for example
- Provide overall project management, business change support, or programme management for strategic improvement work as required.
- Lead the development of high quality business cases with clear outcomes, resource requirements and project plans.
- Ensure project, programme and work plans and performance monitoring systems are maintained and updated
- Provide advice, challenge and guidance to the service.
- Monitor the impact of improvements and systems robustly against agreed outcomes.
- Ensure performance and management information is analysed and used effectively to drive service improvement and efficiency
- Manage and communicate information effectively so that stakeholders are kept up to date with internal and external developments
- To lead and participate in interdepartmental and partnership working groups.
- To develop and maintain close and effective links with colleagues and clients to ensure that the service meets their needs and responds effectively to council priorities
- Monitor project budgets.
Other adhoc duties as required
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Degree or relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of Housing Services and related aspects of homelessness and property management.
- Knowledge and experience of applying PRINCE2 methodology.
- A clear understanding of the principles of effective project management
- Experience of working at a senior professional level in a large, complex organisation, such that they are able to demonstrate competence in managing conflicting priorities and the effective management of resources to achieve operational and strategic objectives.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high quality work to meet tight deadlines and to motivate others to do so.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY