Our client a market leader with a dedicated focus on Jack-Up operations in Nigeria is looking for qualified personnel.
- Responsible for a broad level of marine support with focused attention and oversight of marine integrity
- Provide marine operations administrative support, guidance recommendations and training to Operations Managers, Rig Managers and rig based personnel in support of class survey, marine maintenance and certification matters.
- Ensure specific Class, Flag Administration and Coastal State regulatory requirements are communicated to rig management. Support rig management to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Coordinate rig moves and move approval processes with Marine Warranty, Rig Manager, Rig Marine Crew and Customer as required.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marine drills on the rig, thereby supporting marine emergency preparedness (lifeboat & rescue boat testing and drills, damage control drills, fire drills etc.) and damage stability plans.
- Ensure Field Move, Extended Tow and Dry Transport Requirements are implemented and maintained per requirements defines by Corporate Marine Support.
- Monitor marine operations to ensure marine operating procedures, work processes and rig equipment/systems are operated within performance criteria.
- Promote the Rig Mover Certification Program and ensure rig mover qualifications and certification are implemented and maintained as per requirements define by Corporate Marine Support.
- Conduct high profile rig moves as required. Mentor and provide leadership through attendance of rig moves and the assessment of high potential rig move candidates.
- Lead Marine Compliance Reviews and submit reports upon completion. Assist in monitoring and tracking of marine manning compliance.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
- Marine related degree inclusive of marine and management training courses
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the drilling industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Master, Barge Master, OIM and/or previous job assignments onshore with other management disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Jack up Rig Mover
- Ability to motivate and manage marine personnel.
- Familiarity with IMO Code Regulations, Flag Administration, Classification Societies, and industry standards required for safe marine operations.
- Computer literacy to facilitate the use of company provided proprietary software as well as common Microsoft Office suite programs utilized in daily business.
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to plan, strategize and direct operational issues as required.
- Leadership skills to develop individuals with the rig and office teams.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5th November, 2018
All applications must go through the website by clicking APPLY
Please review all the job requirements and prerequisites before applying. For all queries and concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org