Our client, a market leader with a dedicated focus on jack up operations in Nigeria are looking for qualified personnel...
- Ensure that all marine aspects of the rig’s operations are carried out in accordance with statutory controls and guidelines.
- Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.
- Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions; inform OIM of conditions likely to affect drilling operations and seaworthiness of the rig.
- Ensure that accurate calculation of load distribution and weights for daily stability reports and lightship are maintained.
- Coordinate all helicopter and supply boats traffic; supervise movement of materials and personnel to and from the rig.
- Ensure all navigation equipment is properly maintained and ready for use at all times
- Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water, etc.
- Ensure that cranes are in safe working condition.
- Ensure all safety equipment, including lifeboats and fire lighting equipment, is maintained in a state of operation readiness at all times.
- Operate and maintain the bulk system as required Supervise tests on firefighting equipment, obstacle lighting and audible signals.
- Ensure all lifting gears are inspected and certified, correctly color coded, maintained, and stowed properly.
- Prepare and supervise rig move plans and associated mobilization preparations.
- Ensure that all official log loots are accurately and completely filled out and signed by the proper persons and maintain the vessel or as required by policies and regulations.
- Coordinate and supervise periodic inspections of the rig’s structure, including hull compartments and critical joints and liase with any 3rd party inspection teams for cranes/lifting gear/ and hull inspections
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- Marine related degree inclusive of marine training courses
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the drilling industry
- Valid Unlimited 3rd. Mates License or Barge Supervisor License
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the drilling unit.
- Familiarity with IMO Code Regulations, Flag Administration, Classification Societies, and industry standards required for safe marine operations.
- Computer literacy to facilitate the use of company provided proprietary software as well as common Microsoft Office Suite programs utilized in daily business.
- Most possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to plan, strategize and direct operational issues as required.
- Leadership skills to develop individuals with the rig and office teams.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5TH NOVEMBER, 2018
All applications must go through the website by clicking APPLY.
Please review all the job requirements and prerequisites before applying. For all queries and concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org