Marine Technical Limits (MTL) is the specialist FPSO integrity and repair management company, providing structural integrity management, on-station repair, naval architectural, and equipment solutions. Our approach is to bring innovation to everything we do, whether that be integrity management or marine warranty surveying services.
As part of continued growth of the business in both core and new areas, MTL are looking to recruit an enthusiastic degree qualified Naval Architect. As a key part of the team, you will gain exposure to all our activities, enabling you to understand the “MTL Way”, our services, and build upon your core skills and knowledge.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, and practically minded candidates, who are keen to develop themselves, while learning and contributing to our service offering. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to understand and solve problems. Previous experience of asset integrity management and / or marine consultancy / marine warranty surveying would be an advantage, however, not essential.
The successful candidate must possess professional integrity and be able to work well within our multi-disciplined team environment.
As part of the team you will be involved in the following:
- Structural integrity management of FPSO structures, including
- Developing and applying risk-based integrity management strategies
- Developing structural inspection scopes, including “hotspot” identification
- Assessment of anomalies and issues
- Fitness for purpose structural assessments
- Onsite inspection of FPSOs in operation (UKCS + overseas)
- Dealing with Classification Societies / Regulators on behalf of Clients / Operators
- Naval Architecture & Marine Consultancy
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) services
- Stability assessments & consultancy
- Structural design and independent review
- Marine operational procedures and 3rd party review
The job will require onsite visits to site and offshore to undertake inspection activities in physically demanding conditions. You will be fit and posses or be able to undertake a UKOOA offshore medical and offshore survival training (BOSIET).
- Degree qualified (Naval Architecture)
- Chartered Engineer (or eligible)
- Experience of working in the Offshore Oil & Gas environment preferable but not essential
- Previous experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Newbuilding or repair yards (tankers/FPSO’s)
- In depth knowledge of Classification Society Rules, IACS Guidelines and IMO Regulations
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS)
- Naval architecture and marine consultancy
- Good analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
This is a staff position with an excellent remuneration package for the right candidate.
This position is based at Kintore, Aberdeenshire
Hours: Office hours Mon-Fri (37.5 hour working week)
To apply for this position please click APPLY candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE