Supply Chain Consultant
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Support you would be a member of a small team working across the DC Thomson Group of companies to identify, manage and deliver supply chain and sourcing projects as well as working with stakeholders in all matters relating to supplier engagement including; strategy, sourcing, risk, lean, supplier management, contract management, policies, payments, cost saving, legal, IS etc.
- Ensuring that our business's engagements with suppliers are commensurate with their requirements, strategies and ambitions.
- Identifying supply chain opportunities to exceed the business expectations.
- Partnering with the business to influence 3rd party spend and supply chains to generate cost, efficiency and risk benefits.
- Working with group business stakeholders to:
- Develop and implement supply chain and category strategies.
- Use category knowledge and data analysis to identify supply chain opportunities
- Source goods and services and measure benefit
- Negotiate commercial relationships with suppliers
- Lead lean diagnostic reviews of supply chains
- Negotiate contracts
- Manage suppliers to maximise opportunities
- Resolve supplier disputes
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- A proven track record of working in a commercial environment
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- A commercial frame of mind – understanding of price, cost and value in 3rd party spend and how it impacts on the business P&L and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to communicate clearly, tactfully and concisely with a wide range of people at all levels
- Ability to understand and work with financial data
- Ability to generate original ideas and solutions
- Understanding of lean supply chain practice
- Industry relevant training will be provided.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 23 November 2018