Hours: Full Time and happy to talk flexible working
Salary: From 40k pa + benefits/As well as an attractive salary you will have access to an excellent benefits package.
Our client, City Building is a highly successful and evolving business, which has a proven track record of strategic delivery within the commercial marketplace. As one of Scotland’s largest construction companies, our client provides a range of repairs and maintenance, construction, manufacturing and refurbishment activities across the public, private and third sectors. The company celebrates success and innovation and as well as being recognised as one of the top 90 businesses in Scotland for employment and diversity and with a turnover circa £200 million, is in the top 100 construction companies in the UK.
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our client’s IT Section for an experienced Senior Developer to undertake change and development of the company’s environments, including SOA and Business Intelligence. The company is currently seeking applications from experienced IT professionals who have significant Development experience coupled with excellent inter personal and communication skills, looking to take the next step in their career. We need you to be skilled in the Oracle Product range and bring an innovative approach to new developments.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Develop, deliver and maintain all systems to specification and timescales.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of Weblogic, Java, Oracle SOA
- Possess excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate across all levels of users and clients.
- Display excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Create & maintain code documentation.
- Ensure all code is unit tested and results documented prior to formal testing.
- Work in a fast moving, challenging and rewarding environment.
You will support the IT Business Solutions Manager and have specific responsibility for managing the Development Team to ensure that all requests for new developments are completed in a timely manner and meet agreed quality standards.
We need you to have experience in the following technologies:
- JAVA (jdeveloper desirable)
It would be good if you also have experience in:
- SharePoint 2010
- .NET development
- VB scripting
- Advanced Excel
Keywords: Senior Developer, Senior Software Developer, Software, Web Developer, IT, IT Development, C#, .NET Development, JAVA, XML