Senior HR Advisor
Senior HR Advisor
Salary of up to £40,000
Our client, a multi-million pound business with global reach, is seeking an exceptional candidate to join their team as a Senior HR Advisor, based in Glasgow.
This exciting new stand-alone HR role attracts a salary of up to £40,000, and there is the opportunity for the role to develop to an HR Manager role for the right candidate. Whilst the role is primarily based in Glasgow, there will be regular travel to Nottingham, and the potential to support the in set up of a new office in Hamburg.
The role is being introduced to provide comprehensive HR advice and support service across all aspects of the business, including:
- Developing, reviewing and updating HR policies and procedures in line with legislation, including the employee handbook.
- Manage employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and redundancy.
- Develop and implement a learning and development programme for employees, including talent and succession planning.
- Provide advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Sign off monthly payroll/billable hours for employees.
- Devising a reward strategy.
- Manage the recruitment process; including writing job descriptions, preparing interview questions and application forms, coordinating and participating in interviews.
- Carry out new starter inductions on day one of employment and beyond.
- Ensuring the HR plans and strategies align with business goals.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
Candidates should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Proven HR generalist experience.
- CIPD qualified or working towards this or equivalent experience.
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- Proven leadership capabilities and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in coaching and supporting line managers through change.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ideally some experience of H&S topics and the delivery of basic H&S Standards.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.