Senior Project Manager Construction
Our client is one of the largest construction companies within the UK with internationally-renowned experience in the successful delivery of technically demanding, multi-disciplinary and logistically complex projects.
As a result of a significant £65 million plus build/refurbishment award, they are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager/Construction Manager based the Central Belt of Scotland with proven experience of site based delivery on projects of a similar or greater size.
Only individuals with proven experience of delivering £60 million plus construction projects including commercial, educational, healthcare or similar will be considered.
This is very much a site based delivery role.
The ideal individual will have been employed in a similar role for Tier 1 UK major construction contractors
The role will be site based in Edinburgh and construction management experience of educational and laboratory/clean room builds and refurbishments would certainly be of great benefit.
To provide a strategic operational management plan to enable successful project delivery, strong leadership of a multi-disciplinary team, and facilitation of strong links with other teams within and external to the project
As a Construction Manager, you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the successful completion of the construction programme, meeting or exceeding all contractual obligations;
- Ensure that HS&E targets, KPIs are set and managed, monitor the effectiveness of the HS&E management system, lead/review accident investigations and carry out periodic Safety and Environmental Tours & risk reviews and implement safety improvement options;
- Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability;
- Manage the implementation of systems and processes for Right First Time approach;
- Identify longer term strategic training to support individual development as required;
- Support the work winning process by providing technical input
- Have experience in the management of a wide range of construction operations, including phasing and contingency planning, together with testing and handover;
- Be able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately and experience in implementing systems improvements;
- Have knowledge and experience of links between design teams and operational delivery;
- Have a clear understanding and experience of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works;
- Have a track record in continuous improvement, with the ability to analyse a fully resourced stage programme;
- Have a working knowledge of the standard suite of contracts