Software Test Engineer
Salary- £30,000 - £40.,000
My market leading client in aberdeen are looking for a software test engineer with experience in manual and automated testing for software developed for windows with a variety of programming languages.
Your main duties as the software test engineer will include:
- Been involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment.
- Conducting automated and manual tests to ensure that the software created by developers is fit for its purpose
- Helping to assess and mitigate risks and solve quality challenges.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with windows development using visual studio, .NET (C# or VB) and C/C++ programming languages.
- BSc or equivalent in IT/engineering/scientific or related discipline
- Experience or window forms applications
- Aware of agile software development processes
- Knowledge of the software release process
- The ability to capture and document requirements
- Well written and well spoken
- Familiar with source control systems such as git/subversion
- Familiar with continuous integration/continuous delivery systems
It would be advantageous to have:
- A good understanding of interfacing techniques and communication protocols would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the above requirements please apply or contact me on/