Graduate/Junior Software Engineers Robotics
Graduate/Junior Software Engineers – Robotics - Edinburgh
Salary – £24,000 to £33,000 (dependent on experience) + pension scheme
Job Type – Permanent
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Engineer for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office. You can expect to be working with state-of-the-art subsea robots on exciting and varied projects, global travel and at-sea experiments. There will also be opportunities to visit clients internationally to take part in in-water tests and trials, giving you the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have created. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
- Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
- Flexible working hours policy
- Travel season ticket loan
- Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
- Annual company day out
- A “technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
- Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
- Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
- Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
Applicants will have the opportunity to work on projects providing robotic solutions for domains such as oil pipeline surveying and offshore oil infrastructure inspection for clients in the oil and gas industry, and military mine countermeasure operations for various navies worldwide. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop within the role and become a specialist in software engineering for maritime robotic systems.
The implementation will primarily focus on C++ (Windows and Linux). Basic knowledge of C# and/or Java is also desirable, but not required. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role as required and become a highly skilled specialist in the fields of autonomy, control, image and data processing.
- Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- Proficient in C++
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills
- Comfortable working with external clients
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Enthused to learn new technology
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Path planning
- Embedded Real-time systems
- Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
- Software verification and deployment
- Management and processing of Big Data
- Creation/Management of static and dynamic libraries
- Knowledge of Boost, OpenCV and Web Services
Having been involved in previous projects in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
- Autonomous Planning
- Image processing
- Data Analysis
- Modelling and Simulation
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES