Senior Engineering Technician - The Scottish Salmon Company - Cairndow
Your Career, Right here!
Senior Engineering Technician
Salary: £36,000 per annum
This is a 6-month temporary role with the opportunity to go permanent.
Why work with us?
·£150 million turnover
·500 + staff (continually growing)
·We sell to over 26 countries around the world
·We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
·We have won many awards for training and developing staff
·Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Technician to be based at our Processing Facility at Cairndow.
- Ensuring faults are closed out and any actions followed up
- Ensuring the PPM schedule is met
- Assist the Engineering Coordinator with recording downtime
- Assist the Engineering Coordinator with all H&S and technical requirements
- Organise, supervise and support on-site contractors to fulfil the site and production maintenance function and any site improvement projects.
- Ensure the accurate recording of engineering activity on PIRANA
- Support the Engineering Coordinator carry out any other tasks as required
- Good knowledge of salmon processing equipment - PLC & scada
- Current holder of 18th Edition IET wiring Regs
- Proactive and capable of delivering support to the wider team where required
- Attention to detail and task management skills
- Good communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- Able to demonstrate a step change in reactive vs proactive maintenance
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support