Principle Consultant Cloud / DevOps
Principle Consultant – Cloud / DevOps
£120,000 - £130,000
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Cloud / DevOps Principal Consultant to take ownership of technical business relations with one of the UK’s most recognised institutions. Based on-site in Edinburgh, operating at a strategic level, the Cloud / DevOps Principal Consultant will play a key role in the delivery of software, Agile/Lean, DevOps, Cloud Native architectures and infrastructures.
You will have worked in a senior capacity, leading DevOps / Cloud technology-driven change within an enterprise level organisation. With a background in consultancy, running a key client engagement will not phase you; you thrive on the daily challenges and produce results, acting as a true SME!
You should have a genuine passion for forging and maintaining strong relationships; with both external client stakeholders and internal colleagues – technical and senior management. You will act as brand-ambassador within the client organisations, constantly communicating the vision and working to elevate visibility as a technology partner.
Principle Cloud / DevOps Consultant Responsibility:
- Engage senior client stakeholders; including technical management and C-suite executives, representing and communicating the vision and ethos from within.
- Play a key role in guiding the client through the organisational and cultural change associated with a major Cloud and DevOps transformation
- Work with both client and internal teams to identify, quantify and regularly report/present the high-level metrics that will define a successful engagement.
- Have an input into commercial aspects of the engagement, working alongside the Operations team ensuring a smooth and profitable engagement.
- Identifying further streams of business and opportunities to further enhance our presence within the organisation.
- Providing management support to other Consultants and technical teams.
- Identifying common technical and procedural trends and issues and leading the implementation of solutions.
- Team planning and management
This Cloud / DevOps Principal Consultant role would be best suited for someone with a background in delivering large-scale Cloud / DevOps transformation projects. In times past, you may have been a technical developer, adopting cloud native technologies early on. Now, your focus will be on strategically leading these projects, with strong commercial acumen. All subsequent relationships, technical and product teams and other business interests that arise from this role will be for you lead and direct – giving you the chance to really shape this role into your own.
Salary & benefits: circa. £120,00-£125,000 PA, Pension, Annual training allowance, Private Healthcare, 25+ days annual leave…
We have a more formal job description available; I have kept the advert as short, yet relevant, as possible! Full job spec available on request.