Delivery Principal Consultant
Becoming a Delivery Principal Consultant with Capita Central Procurement:
- The role is a Consultancy position which sits within the Delivery business area of Capita Procurement Solutions.
- Engagements will vary, working across public or private sector and a range of markets.
- The nature of each assignment will vary dependent on the contractual requirements but may include: Opportunity Assessment, Savings Delivery and Programmes, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation, Project and Programme Management.
What you will do:
- Utilise tools and methodologies alongside specialist knowledge to deliver procurement processes, procurement projects, transformation and change consistently and efficiently.
- Utilise creativity and innovations to develop solutions and strategies that deliver maximum value cost improvements and benefits to clients.
- Create effective working relationships with stakeholders and senior client sponsors to deliver allocated projects, anticipating and responding to client requirements, managing conflicts and issues.
- Responsible for simultaneously managing large or complex projects (inclusive of across more than one engagement) and leads on client management activities and the coordination of project teams.
- Undertake complex Opportunity Assessment Reviews and develop valid opportunities and propositions across all areas of spend.
- Lead the identification and delivery of innovative and strategic savings initiatives across areas of project responsibility.
- Manage client focussed benefits realisation processes and overarching governance that deliver our client commitments and business targets.
- Deliver effective performance management and continuous improvement through the deployment of contract management and SRM principles so to deliver cash and efficiency savings whilst maintaining robust supplier relationships on behalf of clients where applicable.
- Share expertise and market insight to enable innovative delivery to clients and knowledge sharing within CPS. Utilise knowledge and experience to become a trusted advisor to clients. Lead on category team activities such as knowledge sharing, product development, best practice delivery, innovation (e.g. white paper development) and strategy development.
- Identify opportunities and develop business cases for up-sell on client engagements and utilise networks to develop new sales opportunities.
- When assigned an engagement to lead, be responsible for managing delivery teams and coordinating contributions of others. In addition you will likely have operational line management responsibilities for a number of individuals.
Your experience will include:
- Experienced in developing innovative category strategies through the use of leading category management methodology.
- Demonstrates track record of developing, maintaining and managing client, senior stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrates track record in leading supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets.
- Will have worked in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector.
- Has knowledge of sourcing across complex categories within multiple industry sectors.
- Will ideally have business consultancy experience.
- Is innovative, self-starter and results orientated as well as understands the "value add" procurement professional.
- Experienced in working in a matrix structures would be advantageous.
- Experience of direct and indirect people management.
- MCIPS qualified or holds other relevant business qualification.
- Minimum degree level qualification.
About Capita Central Procurement
As Capita's procurement experts, we have proven capability across the public and private sector in delivering the entire spectrum of procurement services, from internal transformation to a fully managed service. Our experience and knowledge across all aspects of procurement enables us to provide strategic consulting services, managed spend solutions and technology implementation, through tailored solutions that meet the individual needs of our clients. We have an unrelenting focus on driving value from the supply chain through the identification and delivery of savings, and the creation of efficient and effective procurement processes.
Capita Central Procurement are one of the central service teams of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), a discretionary annual bonus , company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.