Principal Software Developer
Principal Software Developer | Up to £44,500 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation with a bias towards open-source technology, automation and continuous improvement in order to develop micro-services across a distributed architecture. Work in a highly collaborative, energising environment focused on delivering for customers whilst developing its people in the process. Be part of an agile, multi-disciplinary team, helping deliver measurable improvements in customer satisfaction while reducing costs which benefits both customers and taxpayers alike. Based in Glasgow city centre with an excellent benefits package and great links to public transport.
Your new role
As the Principle Software Developer you will be tasked with:
- Providing engineering leadership to in-house and partner resources.
- Working collaboratively with architecture teams and Design Leads to ensure development productivity.
- Supporting design and lead development on their new digital architecture.
- Being able to assure development outputs.
- Coaching and mentoring junior resources.
- Ensuring highly resilient OLTP processes.
- Enhancing the developer community by contributing ideas and developing good practice.
- Designing and building fit-for-purpose software for their customers.
- Sharing knowledge across the whole team and between teams.
- Promoting and contributing to code reuse
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn on the job.
- Strong demonstrable skills in an OO language, ideally Java.
- Strong demonstrable skills in a Procedural Language ideally Oracle PL/SQL.
- Strong demonstrable skills in a Structured Query Language.
- Strong demonstrable skills in relational databases ideally Oracle.
- Experience in a Large OLTP Development Environment.
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic Digital portals.
- Experience of Extreme working, using techniques like TDD, BDD etc.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and ability to work in Agile environment.
- websites Degree or similar experience for software development skills.
- Experience of UX, accessibility, user testing etc.
- Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases ideally MongoDB.
- Familiarity with UNIX environment, systems administration, scripting etc.
- Familiarity of source control systems, ideally Serena or Git.
What you'll get in return
A base salary of up to £44,500 is on offer for the right candidate with some awesome work life benefits such as flexi- working, 36 holidays per year, 37,5 hour working week and a market leading 27% salary contribution. Not only do you get all these benefits but the organisation has committed to working with new and bleeding edge technology. This is a fantastic opportunity to challenge your skills and make a difference in an enterprise organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.