Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Aspire Scotland part of the Priory Group provides a unique community-based, living and learning environment in support of some of the most vulnerable children and young people in the country. The Aspire team assists young people aged 8 to 18 years to be fully included within the local community and ensures they have the capacity to prosper beyond Aspire Scotland in the wider post-school world.
Currently operating 7 residential services across Ayrshire with expansion of a new service opening up in West Kilbride, offering further supports to children and young people from across the United Kingdom. This has given rise to a series of opportunities for professional, skilled and caring individuals to join our team.
The Homemaker is responsible to the GIRFEC Senior and Lead Practitioners (GSP, GLP) who in turn are directly responsible to the Residential Services Manager (RSM).
- To advise the house manager on all matters relating to cooking and cleaning
- To work as part of a residential workers team
- To be a role model for children and young people
- To be responsible for the preparation of all meals and all cleaning matters
- To ensure that there is a focus on healthy eating and lifestyle
- To work within the company’s policies and procedures at all times
- To ensure that all cooking requirements comply with official standards
- To cook and prepare all meals on a daily basis within the residential house
- To prepare menus in discussion with staff and young people
- To bake as and when required
- To order and supply all necessary foodstuffs
- To assist staff and young people in the preparation of snacks
- To take account of all special dietary foods
- To be responsible for the safe storage of knives and other kitchen implements
- To take full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen and eating areas within the house
- To be responsible for the highest standards of food hygiene and risk assessment
- To clean all areas of the residential house with support from staff
- To assist in the fostering of a safe and secure environment
- To clean all toilets and bathrooms on a daily basis
- To assist staff in laundry management
- Order all cleaning products in conjunction with the house manager
- Be flexible, from time to time, in working hours arrangements
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by the house manager
The successful candidates will be required to apply for a PVG from Disclosure Scotland. Further information can be obtained from . We are an equal opportunities employer.