Maintenance Electrician - Edinburgh (MUST LIVE IN AN EH POSTCODE)
You will be working for one of Britain's Largest and fastest growing national provider of high quality comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings providing planned preventative and reactive maintenance for over 1600 clients in 60,000 locations. We deliver Engineering excellence and a strong partnership culture.
When you work with them, you will be part of the largest national mobile fleet located in every postcode area enabling them to focus a first time fix and a quick and efficient response.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company's PPM and task schedules
- Undertake PPM activity in a quality, professional manner.
- Production of technical and situational reports as required
- Proactively use the technology systems given to you so that the Company can be compliant with its contractual obligations at all times
- Carry out the works requested in a professional and proactive manner at all times
- To communicate clearly and effectively with the rest of the team and clients at all times
- Participation in the call out rota
- Writing activity reports in line with Company procedures accurately and timely
- Proactively assisting the management team to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information where extra works are identified
- Attending team meetings/briefings as requested at all times
- Provide resident site cover for holiday and sickness as required in order for the Company to fulfil its contractual obligations. This may be at very short notice
- To escalate any major site issues or incidents to your line manager asap once noticed
- To manage Integral sub-contractors whilst working on site
- Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
- Actively participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the company.
Essential skills / Experience
Ideally the successful candidate will be a multi-disciplined Engineer (Electrical with good Mechanical/Plumbing knowledge of building services) and experience of operating a BMS system is desirable.
Experience of working in a high-end client environment in which he/she has regular face to face engagement with building managers will be an advantage. Record keeping and filing of works records would also be a pre-requisite.
Essential Qualifications / Skills
- C& G 2361 Parts 1& 2 Preferred
- Excellent Building services experience ·
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations preferred
- Test & Inspection 2391 (Desired not essential)
- Experienced with basic Air Con Unit Maintenance (Filter change ec) (Desired not essential)
- Driving Licence
- It is essential to live with an EH postcode
If you are interested please apply with your CV or call Jamie on.