Analyst Programmer - Oracle
Analyst Programmer - Oracle | Up to £35,000 | Glasgow City Centre
Your new company
A large public sector organisation with a bias towards open-source technology, automation and continuous improvement in order to develop micro-services across a distributed architecture. Work in a highly collaborative, energising environment focused on delivering for customers whilst developing its people in the process. Be part of an agile, multi-disciplinary team, helping deliver measurable improvements in customer satisfaction while reducing costs which benefits both customers and taxpayers alike. Based in Glasgow city centre with an excellent benefits package and great links to public transport.
Your new role
As a Analyst Programmer you will be tasked with:
- Producing technical specifications and physical design from logical design specifications.
- Producing efficient and reliable code, and undertaking unit testing to the highest standard.
- Following version control.
- Performing walkthroughs and quality reviews of own and other's work.
- Analysing problems and providing technical solutions.
- Working with business users, business analysts, internal and external contractors to analyse requirements.
- Preparing for and performing systems implementations.
- Preparing documents for internal and external use to agreed standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong working knowledge of ORACLE RDBMS and Toolkit
- Proven track record in software developments using one or more development languages in a structured environment.
- Proven track record in RDBMS development.
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Sound technical background, preferably including web based systems, using relational databases with data modelling experience
- Experience of working on technical projects within a team
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Understanding of agile methodology and experience in working in an agile environment
What you'll get in return
A base salary of between £38,886 - £45,700 is on offer for the right candidate with some awesome work life benefits such as flexi- working, 36 holidays per year, 37,5 hour working week and a market leading 27% salary contribution. Not only do you get all these benefits but the organisation has committed to working with new and bleeding edge technology. This is a fantastic opportunity to challenge your skills and make a difference in an enterprise organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.