Ford and Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Project Manager to join one of Scotland's largest train operating companies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Client on a fixed term, 2-year contract (covering Maternity) to support with Civil Projects. They are undertaking a major multi-million-pound mobilisation project and seek an experienced Project Manager to ensure this work is completed to the desired standard within the required time frames.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (relevant engineering discipline such as construction management) or have significant experience in construction, building refurbishment or operational change projects. You will have good knowledge of the design and build process within a UK transportation environment. You will have a formal project management qualification also.
Role & responsibilities
- Undertake day to day management of all project activities, ensuring best practice is achieved
- Provide managerial support to the remaining phases of station modernisation and integration (Subway & Bus). Ensure that all inputs into the manufacture, testing, commissioning and acceptance phases are identified, planned, resourced and delivered in line with the programme and contractual requirements.
- Prepare, implement and update project management plans, actions and processes, including costs, risks, change, schedule, safety, environmental, construction etc. Ensuring all information is accurate, up to date and readily available
- Mange the input, interface and needs of internal and external resources and stakeholders to ensure all requirements are compiled and captured. Provide information and data to effectively manage expectations
- Assist with and lead when required specific procurement exercises in collaboration with internal business support departments
- To ensure all necessary approvals are in place prior to implementing any works and that handback and handover requirements are clearly defined
- To undertake project closedown/sign off tasks of projects delivered and ensure as built/ record information is captured, checked and stored in line with contract and corporate requirements
- To manage and direct inputs of other staff, technical specialists and contractors to successfully deliver all of the above
- Significant experience in construction, building refurbishment or operational change projects (ideally Rail)
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Professional Project Management qualification (PRINCE 2, APMP etc.)
- Excellent understanding of health and safety legislations, guidance and good practice with a focus on risk management
- Knowledge of the design and build process
- Experience of the project management lifecycle- from scoping and feasibility through to construction and handover stages
- Experience in the management of quality/change during project delivery
- Proven track record of delivery in a programme and project management environment
- Experience of management of high profile projects with complex internal and external stakeholder interests
- Experience of quantifying and managing risks
- Provided written and oral reports on major projects and presenting reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of managing procurement and advising on model options
- Technical capability to confidently review, understand and respond to technical proposals, submissions and emerging risks/issues
- Ability to critically appraise reports produced by others, e.g. suppliers
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of professionals
- Good IT skills
- Flexible to work unsociable hours to meet the requirement of the role (nightshift and weekend)
Closing Date: Friday 16th November