HGV Mechanic x 2, Whitehill Service Centre 412.69 C/D 25/11/18
Operational Services are looking to recruit an additional two HGV Mechanics to strengthen our existing team working from our new state of the art workshop at Whitehill Service Centre.
Working a standard of 36 hours per week the remuneration package includes a shift allowance of 14% on top of basic salary (over £3,000 per annum), overtime working, payment of standby allowance (when rostered to provide this service) of £85.00 per week and access to the councils pension scheme.
The key duties of this post are:
- Working under the general supervision of the Fleet Foreman, the post holder will be responsible for carrying out general repairs and maintenance of a wide range of vehicles, plant and equipment.
- To ensure that all vehicles/plant are maintained and inspected to manufacturers recommendations and DVSA inspection standards to ensure roadworthiness.
- To prepare HGV’s for annual test.
- Attend road side breakdowns where repairs may be required to be carried out on site and the use of a vehicle will be available for this purpose.
- To participate in Stand-by rota.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Time served HGV Mechanic (City & Guilds Scotvec Level 3) or supporting documentation such as IRTE
- C plus E Driving licence
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and establishes effective working relationships with customers, contractors, employees and DVSA
Employees are entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide. To support the councils commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees access to a range of specialist advice and support through an employee assistance programme.