Account Executive - 60946
Main purpose of job:
You will report to the Sales Manager and provide and manage all designated customer accounts in accordance with current service level agreements to ensure maximum vehicle entries and sale conversions are achieved.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with designated customers, in compliance with the Company’s business ethics and practices, so that the customers are encouraged to increase the number of vehicles entered for sale with the Company and so that the number of vehicles sold is maximised.
- Where applicable canvass designated customers to maximise vehicle entries and ensure that any appropriate transport requests are processed.
- Process vehicles entered for sale so that service level agreements are correctly applied.
- Maintain Pre-Sales Reports, Assured reports and Flash reports.
- Regularly liaise with designated customers to ensure that all pre and post-sale reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Produce and amend as necessary any required documentation, entry forms or catalogue listings in accordance with the Company’s procedures and the customer’s service level agreements.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Advise designated customers on industry market conditions and achievable selling prices of vehicles entered for sale so that customers’ expectations are realistic, bids from purchasers are accepted and the Company’s services are fully utilised.
- Ensure that any of the Company’s services used by designated customers (such as valet, wash, transport, appraisal reports and inspection reports) are correctly documented and reported so that the Company is able to charge the customers the appropriate level of fees and commission
- Deputise for other Account Executives or Account Controllers in their absence to enable the continuing smooth running of the department.
- Participate in presale marketing activities for every relevant sale to maximise sale day activity.
- Actively participate in provisional sale activity to ensure maximum conversions for each relevant sale.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
- Participate in vehicle Lotting and allocation of vehicles and occasional driving on busy sales days to make sure vehicles are in place before the auction begins.
The role of Account Executive requires a high degree of relationship building with customers - hence the job holder must be able to gain the trust and confidence of the customer by detailed account management, industry knowledge and interpersonal skills.
The role is the customer’s representative on site and so, of equal importance, is the ability to influence other BCA staff so that they act on the customer’s behalf, without losing sight of the fact that BCA is the employer and ultimately loyalty must, therefore, lie with the Company.
The working hours of the position will vary according to auction times, sale days and other requirements of the business. A flexible approach to hours of work is therefore needed.
Experience of building and maintaining good working relationships
Excellent attention to detail
High level of accuracy
Customer Service background
Experience in a fast paced environment/office
Previous Account management experience
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 23 days holiday
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!