Pedagogy Lead Officer FIF12233
Interview Dates: Week Commencing 3 December 2018
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
The Pedagogy Lead Officer will lead and manage the Pedagogy Team which consists of Principal Teachers, Teachers, Pupil Support Assistant Level 3s and a Professional Development Officer (Single Status). The Headteacher will lead the Pedagogy Team in ensuring the development and delivery of high quality professional learning (Universal & Intensive) based on current research, for teachers and support staff across the curriculum.Requirements
Full GTCS Registration is an essential requirement.
Before your offer of employment can be confirmed, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.Responsibilities
- Lead and manage at strategic and operational levels all aspects of the work of the Pedagogy Team.
- Support and develop members of the Pedagogy Team to develop knowledge, understanding and skills required in their role.
- Lead the development and delivery of appropriate professional learning opportunities for education staff and other professionals across the curriculum with a particular focus on pedagogical approaches in Literacy, Numeracy, Nurturing Relationships and Science.
- Work in partnership with Fife Council’s Workforce Development team to lead the development and delivery of SVQ qualifications for Support Staff and Foundation Apprenticeships programmes for young people.
- Contribute to the wider agenda of developing leadership and professional learning opportunities across Fife within the Professional Learning team.
- To align the work of the Pedagogy Team with the Digital Learning Strategy in Fife through effective collaboration with the ICT Team.
- Maintain strong links with the Early Years, Pupil Participation, Parental Engagement, Supporting Learners, Our Minds Matter and STEM strategies in Fife and nationally.
- Support school leaders through our engagement models to build capacity and sustainability within their schools particularly in relation to the development of effective pedagogical approaches across the curriculum.
- Lead and manage the evaluation of the impact of universal and intensive professional learning programmes and engagements.
- Build links with colleagues across the South East Improvement Collaborative and beyond in order to collaborate to improve learning and teaching across the local authorities.
- Maintain links with Universities, National Numeracy Hub, National Literacy Network, Education Scotland and other local and national services to ensure effective collaboration and moderation to enhance our professional learning programmes in Fife and beyond.
Ensure effective communication of the professional learning opportunities offered by the Pedagogy Team, as well as the impact of these approaches on developing staff across our educational establishments in Fife and on improving outcomes for learners.The Individual
- Experience of leading and managing change and improvement in school or early learning centre that has a positive impact on learners.
- Experience of leading a range of approaches to career-long professional learning that improves pedagogy, culture and relationships.
- Engagement with literature, research and policy to support your own and others professional learning.
- Effective participation in approaches to self-evaluation to monitor and review aspects of effective continuous self-improvement.
- Partnership working with staff, learners, parents and partners in the wider school community to meet the needs of learners.
- Involvement in supporting and promoting activity focussed on improving life outcomes for the most vulnerable individuals and groups within a school community. Commitment to the vision, values and core priorities of the Education and Children’s Services Directorate.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current local and national policy driving change and improvement.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking coming through literature and research.
- Skills in practitioner enquiry which has led to positive change.
- Knowledge and understanding of the GTCSProfessional Standards to support self-evaluation as part of your own and others continuous professional learning.
- Skills in coaching and mentoring colleagues.
- Skills in the use of ICT to aid communication, presentation and professional learning. Ability to motivate, support and encourage others.
- Evidence of encouraging the development of leadership qualities in others.
- Experience of working with staff in both primary and secondary schools.
- Contribution to cluster, local and national developments and discussions to support and enhance the development of others. Additional qualification(s) in aspects of learning and teaching and/or educational leadership and management. Ability to devise, write and deliver creative professional learning programmes.
- Skills in developing the coaching and mentoring skills of others.
In Fife Council how we work matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For further information please contact: Angela Logue onExt: 480220 or email