Security Threat Intelligence Specialist
Virgin Money are on a mission to disrupt the retail banking market but we take the protection of our customers and colleagues very seriously. As a result, our Customer and Colleague Protection (CCP) team have a hugely important role in keeping us all safe. The bank is constantly investing in its digital business capabilities and given the growing scale and sophistication of cyber security threats and attacks, we need to ensure that our security controls can continue keep our business and customers safe. Consequently, we need brilliant people to make our plans a reality and to help us on our quest to become Britain’s best loved bank.
We’re on the lookout for a Security Threat Intelligence Specialist to undertake a key role. You’ll build and maintain a picture of the security and fraud threat landscape faced by Virgin Money and its customers. We’ll need you to take account of credibility, relevance and the capability of threat actors and the extent of exposure to Virgin Money.
What you’ll do
- Manage the collation and analysis of external and internal security feeds to deliver Security Alerts to the appropriate business areas to ensure potential emerging threats are appropriately mitigated.
- Develop, maintain and grow a comprehensive range of internal and external sources of threat information relevant to the financial services sector. Including links with British policing, the Security services and Industry based intelligence forum.
- Perform intelligence analysis of security incidents both within and out with Virgin Money to identify methods, motives, and capabilities; determine malicious behaviour; and recognize emergent patterns and the larger picture of security events.
- Help the business to manage imminent threats through the use of proactive incident management methods such as Threat Action Groups where you will ensure that the direction is appropriately set and actions are tracked.
- Model emerging fraud and financial crime threats to predict criminal activity impacting upon Virgin Money and prepare briefings and alert for relevant business areas.
- Manage the operation of the Security Intelligence function and line manage our Security Intelligence Analysts.
What you’ll need
- Hold a relevant degree with considerable recent experience within intelligence.
- Knowledge of security and fraud preventive technologies.
- Experience of security and fraud intelligence analysis including the analysis of information / data and drawing conclusions.
- People management experience so you can successfully lead and inspire a small team.
- Ideally hold a professional security or fraud qualification such as CISSP or CISM.
- Experience in Financial Services would be brilliant but if you don’t have this, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Our aim is to nurture a skilled, diverse and committed workforce where every individual regardless of background can share our purpose, reach their potential and be rewarded appropriately for their contribution to our success. We’re also happy to talk flexible working with you.
Salary - Up to circa £70,000 depending on experience plus amazing benefits
Location - Edinburgh, Newcastle or London
Our aim is to nurture a skilled, diverse and committed workforce. Regardless of your background, you can share our purpose, reach your potential and be rewarded appropriately for your contribution to our success. Working in a way that enables you to meet your commitments inside and outside of work can be fully supported at Virgin Money. If you currently have a flexible arrangement or are looking for one, tell us! We’re happy to talk about it.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are subject to pre-employment screening checks.