Position: Stock Analyst
Salary: £24,923 - £32,919 (depending on skills and experience)
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As a Stock Analyst you will be responsible for the execution of comprehensive general accounting and stock control activities. The Stock Analyst is responsible for supporting the Stock Accountant through the accurate and timely execution of transactional processing activities such as posting standard journals, running reports and supporting Stock accounting activities.
The Stock Analyst will also be expected to help undertake stock counts within the SSE local depots in the South Region.
Key Accountabilities for these roles include:
* Reconciliation of stock systems - Run reports from SNAP and Oracle(Harmony) for main depots and reconcile. Investigate and interrogate both systems any differences weekly and identify any fixes required to prevent repetition.
* P&L preparation & BS reconciliations - Prepare P&L and BS control account reconciliations highlighting and investigating material variances prior to detailed review by the Stock Accountant
* Stock take - travel to local or main depots and undertake stock taking on a monthly and annual basis
* Bank Reconciliations - receipt of monies into the SSE Stock bank account and reconciliations at month and Year end.
* VAT - support preparation of VAT returns and perform monthly VAT checks
* Management Reporting - Extraction of accounting data to prepare management reports performing an initial review of the reports to verify the integrity and accuracy of the data presented prior to review. Accurate and timely processing of adjustment journals and report changes following any review. Consolidation of various reports and preparation of presentation packs in a timely manner
* Budgeting Forecasting - support for budgeting and forecasting activities for SSE Stock.
Your Skills and Experience
1 years' experience within a finance department. Ideally have completed AAT. Or qualified by experience Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
Knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures. Knowledge in stock and logistics environment will be beneficial. Functional and Technical Skills Proficient in MS office Applications Intermediate excel preferred
Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems, processes and workflow technology Must hold full UK Driving licence
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award-winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
Lots of good things, including 34 days' holidays (inclusive of public holidays), pension plans and paid volunteering days. Click here for a full breakdown; http://sse.com/careers/benefits-and-development/
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th November 2018
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.