Leather Technologist, to organise and run customer product trials for a game changing solution that reduces water and chemical usage within leather tanning processes. The role will involve travelling to customer sites located throughout continental Europe, working from home and on site, reporting to a London based office. We have advertised the role nationally to attract the best available talent.
SALARY: to £48,000 per annum (CONTRACT based role)
This is a CONTRACT based role working on average 19 Days per month,
BENEFITS: ALL travel and accommodation expenses paid
LOCATION: You can be based in the UK or Europe within commuting distance of an international airport with extensive European travel, reporting to London Office, working from home base
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Sheffield, Glasgow, Birmingham, Bristol, London, Cambridge
JOB SPECIFICATION: Leather Technologist, Leather Technician - Leather Tanning
As a Leather Technologist you will be a key member of a team responsible for organising and running customer product trials based on site at tanneries located throughout continental Europe. This role will involve working with internal and external Science, Technical and Engineering teams from initial enquiry stage through to technology deployment, with the objective to demonstrate the processes’ ability to reduce chemical and water consumption while producing leather to the required quality and specification requirements.
REQUIREMENTS: Leather Technologist, Leather Technician - Leather Tanning
· Plan and coordinate trial programmes with internal technical, science and engineering teams
· Organise and execute trials at customer sites
· Work with Tanneries’ Technical teams to identify hide specifications and chemical recipes
· Perform process demonstrations on customer sites which will involve manual handling of hides and tanning chemicals
· Document product trial results and communicate these with key stakeholders
To be successful in your application you MUST have experience in wet end leather production and be able and prepared for extensive travel to customer sites located throughout Continental Europe (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germany).
Essentially you will:
· Be able to perform hands-on trials of tanning processes on customer sites
· Hold a deep knowledge of leather tanning chemicals, recipes and processes
· Possess very strong communication skills and be confident in meeting customer technical and management teams
· Be able to communicate with engineering and science teams to enable customer site-based trials
Desirably you will:
· Be from a Leather Technologist, Leather Technician, Technical Sales or Technical Advisory role
· Be qualified to Diploma or Degree level in Leather Technology or similar, although not essential
· Speak English at business level with a secondary business language of either Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or German.
A world leading company helping tanneries address their water and effluent management challenges. We are the only company using ground-breaking technology to significantly reduce water use in the leather production process, a resource that is quickly becoming scarce, on a global scale. Our innovative, patent-protected technology significantly reduces water and chemistry use in re-tanning, which also reduces the resulting effluent, allowing tanneries both a significant commercial advantage and to meet ever increasing environmental requirements. Our technology works with tanneries’ existing chemical recipes enabling a more effective delivery of chemicals into the hide.
We are a growing organisation with ambitious plans to expand our technology throughout the tanning industry on a global scale. As we expand our product reach there will be roles with the opportunity for career development. We always consider our existing employees for future roles and actively encourage their career development within our organisation.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Leather Technologist, Leather Technician - Leather Tanning and reference JC15137 to DD: Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.