Your new company
This worldwide organisation with revenue over a £1 billion require a sub-agent on a permanent basis. The team has expanded in recent times and with strong project performance along with successful work winning, they are continuing to build and re-structure the business including operations for roads, highways & small civil works.
Your new role
As Site Agent you play an integral role, supporting the delivery and performance of all aspects of project delivery and management. You will operate as a Section Lead on the project and be responsible for the progress and performance of the package of works, ensuring communication between other site teams, liaising also with the cost control team to ensure the works are in line with forecasts and budget.
As a Sub Agent, you will:
- Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and appropriate records;
- Managing squads of groundworkers
- Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs with the Agent, General Foreman and Subcontractors/Suppliers identifying any inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and feedback any changes made to the QA and QS teams;
- Develop section programmes and forecast budgets with Agent, derive simple indices to assess actual programme and productivity achieved and prepare reports for weekly and monthly reviews and measures for the QS department;
- Be fully conversant with subcontractor's contract conditions and responsibilities and manage their works and day to day accounts with the commercial team;
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client/designer/RE/project team
What you'll need to succeed
- Have degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering;
- Have an understanding of Engineering Principles;
- Have Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices;
- Be computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system);
- Hold relevant CSCS Card;
- Have training in Health & Safety and Environmental management;
What you'll get in return
A salary of £30,000 to £35,000 + Benefits + Holidays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.