Rail M&E Construction Manager
Our client is a principal contractor delivering engineering works for Network Rail around the country. Due to ongoing business growth we are looking to recruit a mechanical and electrical engineering construction manager with a solid multidisciplinary background to supervise the civils and M&E elements of a major rail engineering scheme in Glasgow.
The successful applicant will be managing the construction of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and associated ancillary civils on the scheme. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and on budget.
To apply for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Proven M&E engineering experience
- Construction management background
- You will have a thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- You will have an understanding of civil engineering principles
- Ideally currently previously approved as a CRE
- Ideally degree qualified in mechanical or electrical engineering
- History of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Applicants will have risen through the engineering ranks and be able to demonstrate strong technical knowledge to back up their management skills
- Commitment to health and safety as the first priority
- Stakeholder management experience
- Commercial / budgetary acumen
- Excellent motivational skills; leads by example
- Happy to work weekends and nights as required.
- Permanently eligible to work in the UK and currently based in the country
This is a salaried position on an 18 month fixed term contract based in Glasgow. There will be an element of weekend and night working as part of this role. All efforts will be made at the end of the 18 month period to retain the successful applicant on a different project. For more information, please submit your application to the address below or call 0113 203 1244.