Sales Development Consultant Protection
Sales Development Consultant (Protection)
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
Benefits: Bonus scheme + 28 days holiday + stats, competitive pension + flex benefits
Our client is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, they started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We now have an opportunity for a Sales Development Consultant to join our successful protection in Edinburgh.This is an exciting time to join the business, playing a pivotal role in driving growth.
The key purpose of the role is to promote the protection brand through proactive telephone contact to intermediaries where there is no existing sales contact or relationship with the business.
- Following contact plan for events and campaigns
- Making contact with intermediary accounts in line with set targets
- Promoting the Royal London Protection proposition effectively using own knowledge and web based systems
- Carry out fact finds on new accounts
- Ensure that appropriate leads are passed to correct Sales or National Partnerships Team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- Organisation and planning skills
- Influencing skills
- Experience of working towards team targets
- Excellent Administration skills
- Good knowledge of the Protection market - Desirable
- RO1, RO3, RO5 qualifications is desirable
They are also an equal opportunities employer. They work hard to attract the best talent for their award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.