My client is looking for a Credit Controller to join their team immediately. They have over 1,500 client accounts with an average debtor balance of £1.5m. Average debtor days are currently 22 with a large number of clients paying cash on delivery or on 7-14 day terms. Around 50% of debt is collected via direct debit over the month.
- Chase debt by telephone and email with a view to reducing debtor days.
- Condition customers to pay within agreed terms.
- Processing and generating reminder letters.
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of debts.
- Liaise with Sales team to keep all involved informed of any potential problems with a customer's account
- Manage relationship and transactions with Lawyers who handle formal debt recovery process
- Maintain queries list of invoices in dispute by adding notes on accounting system
- Prepare weekly report of debtors ledger with details of any issues
- Attend bi-Weekly meetings with management on progress of debt collection and ~ any issues arising.
- Build a good rapport with customers.
- Ensure customer details are kept up to date
- Manage one team member and ensure they meet agreed targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Results Driven
- Financial Awareness
- Customer Service
- Intermediate Excel and comfortable using IT systems
- Good Interpersonal skills and work well in a team
For more information please contact Wasim at D R Newitt.