Telephony Support Technician

Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth
£31345 - £41396 per annum + pension
07 Dec 2018
Contract Type
Full Time

Location: Perth

Salary: £31,345 - £41,396 depending on skills and experience

Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available

Our Role

You will be responsible for inbound and outbound communication into all SSE sites throughout the UK, including Retail, Networks, SGN and IT contact centres and back offices. This will include liaising with the business for telephony needs and requirements and to review on a regular basis that appropriate support and services are delivered.

You will ensure all corporate telephony requests are delivered within SLA and to high levels of accuracy and manage customer expectation through regular communication, across all business areas and at all levels. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and security of all corporate telephony services, including during periods of lone working and expected to deliver world class support at all times. Approximately 70% of your time will be focused on design and build and the remaining 30% will be focused on servicing faults and events.

Your Skills and Experience

You will possess a comprehensive understanding of all telephone equipment, systems and components and a good understanding of Microsoft Windows applications and Sever operating system. You will also have a good understanding of current OFCOM outbound regulations.

Furthermore, you will have strong knowledge around inbound call routing strategy, design and implementation across multiple platforms. Good awareness of Data Protection regulations concerning call recording and outbound contact would be advantageous.

You will be busy in this role so the ability to prioritize effectively, manage time well and consistently meet deadlines is important. You will also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts at all levels.

Our Company

The Enterprise Division comprises four companies: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and Utilities. The SSE Enterprise Projects and Operational Support Team support the entire Enterprise division leading the deployment of best practice in assurance, project management, engineering and in handling strategic projects.

SSE Enterprise Telecoms operates a 13,700km private telecoms network, with 265 Points of Presence and connectivity to over 80 commercial data centres that span the UK. With its extensive telecoms engineering experience, the company provides commercial security with unrivalled in-house engineering resource to Service Providers, Large Enterprises and the Public Sector providing a competitive range of leading edge Ethernet, Cloud Connect, Optical Networking and Co-location services.

Our Benefits

We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;

- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)

- Great share plans

- Group Pension Plan

- One day paid volunteering

- Tailored internal development opportunities

Next Steps

Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.

Closing date for applications is: 30th December 2018

For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.

This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.

More searches like this