TRAINEE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Our Aberdeen Regional Headquarters has a vacancy for a Trainee Field Service Engineer to join our busy operations team. This is a training position where the successful candidate will undergo a training program in our workshop facility, Operations Department, as well as offshore to gain experience and understanding of TAM’s products and services. Once deemed competent in assisting Field Service Engineers on customer locations, the candidate would progress to a full time offshore ad-hoc Field Service Engineer position
OB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Assist in the on-site service and technical support to customers in the installation and retrieval of downhole tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB COMPETENCIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Determine working location and conditions are safe and acceptable to proceed with any given task.
- Assist Field Service Engineer to provide on-site client support for installation and retrieval of inflatable and swellable packers or other downhole tools on either a rental or sales basis.
- Determine that well site and well condition are in acceptable condition for running the TAM tools and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Determine that well conditions are acceptable for installation and retrieval of TAM tools and follow Management of Change process if required.
- Assist Field Service Engineer with the installation and retrieval of TAM tools on customer job sites, including instructing customer’s employees or other personnel on how to run tools according to the specific requirements of each tool.
- Provide detailed written job report on completion of each service job.
- Upload job information to TAM Global Service Database upon completion of each service job.
- Attend pre-job and post-job engineer review meetings.
- Attend technical meeting and presentations with customers.
- Assist in preparation of running procedures and risk assessments.
- Assist with assembly and test in workshop where and when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- No direct reports.
- College/Technical School or University degree; HND in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience and/or training in oilfield equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not essential.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings as they pertain to assembly of inflatable and swellable packers or related downhole tools is essential.
- Must have knowledge of general oilfield hydraulics and calculations.
- Must be able to successfully complete all relevant offshore certification, this includes but is not limited to; offshore survival training, offshore medical certification, and customer specific courses.
- Basic to intermediate skills in MS Office products and MRP or related systems.
- Familiarity with computer networks and email.
- Safety Focus
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to Detail & Accuracy
- Customer Focus
Send CV's by clicking APPLY
N.B. Subject of emails to be: CV: Applicant Name – Job Title Applying For
Applicants provide a note of their salary expectation
Web Site - www.tamintl.com
Apply for TRAINEE FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly