Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager - Cambusbarron, Stirling
£18,590 to £19,600 & great benefits
We're looking for an assistant store manager to join our team in Cambusbarron. If you're an experienced leader with a passion for community and delivering great customer service, this really is a fantastic opportunity to progress. And with a successful internal development programme in place, we're truly committed to helping our colleagues grow, develop and progress their career with a business that's all about its colleagues, customers and members.
We do things differently here at the Co-op. We're not owned by 1 person or a board of executives and over 4.6million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We've been through a lot of positive change over the past few years and we're not done yet. We're constantly exploring more ways to do business that's better for our members, customers and communities. And with 100 new stores opening across the UK in 2018 alone, it's an amazing time to join us and become a part of our Co-op. To find out more about what it's like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager.
What you'll do:
* work alongside and develop a strong relationship with the store manager to provide a great customer experience
* mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
* create a great working environment for your team
* build strong links with other nearby Co-op businesses, and the local community
* create a community plan and lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
* be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
* create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
* react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
* alongside the store manager, review new ways to increase sales and improve store performance
* deputise for the store manager in their absence
This role would suit people who have:
* previous experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably within retail or hospitality
* a proven record of coaching and developing teams of various sizes and ability
* an interest working with your local community and understand how the community is a huge focus for the Co-op
* previously helped to improve business performance
* experience working closely with your colleagues in a customer facing environment
* the ability to manage changing and often conflicting priorities
As a Co-op colleague you'll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a package that includes:
* a competitive salary
* great holiday allowance
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.