Senior Actuarial Analyst - Competitive package
Senior Actuarial Analyst
We are currently looking to speak with Senior Actuarial Students to join our client based in Edinburgh on a permanent basis. The Senior Student will work within the business partnering team. As part of the Finance division, the business partnering team supports, influences and challenges the business. The role will involve working closely with other areas across the Group, to carry out detailed modelling and analysis, and clearly communicating results to senior stakeholders throughout the Group.
- Undertake technical analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques.
- Checks work of a technical or complex nature, providing feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Seek and use innovative solutions to queries and problems.
- Provides insight and interpretation of data and results to colleagues across the department and the wider business.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Nearly Qualified or Newly Qualified Actuary (i.e. FIA or FFA) with excellent understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques required to fulfil the role.
- Strong Financial Modelling experience/Strong spreadsheet development skills
- Ideally experience of working within another life insurance business or pensions consulting.
- Highly developed communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues, senior managers, boards and committees across the department and the wider business and to third parties and external bodies.