Anderson Knight are working on an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join our clients well known business in Glasgow. The category manager is responsible for the execution of a category management approach to the procurement of a specified portfolio of spend to ensure legal compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Responsibility and delivery for the hard services FM category plus category support in other disciplines as and when required.
- Delivery of category strategy for the hard services category which includes building fabric, electrical, mechanical, lifts and parts
- Deep understanding of the hard services supply market, technologies and innovation
- Interface with finance, supplier relationship management, operations and the helpdesk in pursuit of savings and improved ways of working.
- Utilise the aggregation of spend across the customer base and share these opportunities across the hard services area.
- Negotiation plans and strategies, lead execution, manage deployment and longer-term evaluation
- Stakeholder and user mapping & management
- Contract compliance management
- Category governance
- Drive additional opportunities across the customer base, delivering on targets and timelines
- Delivery of category savings plans
- Identify, progress and support new business and sales opportunities
The ideal candidate will:
- Proven track record in delivering complex category management projects preferably in a FM environment
- Can demonstrate extensive experience in managing a project from baseline through to implementation
- Demonstrate strong business and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence at all levels in an organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Outstanding negotiation skills with a focus on best overall value and total cost management
- Must have extensive experience at negotiating legal terms with suppliers and drafting contracts. Preferable if candidate has knowledge of service credits and dispute procedures
- An understanding of relevant statutory and legal provisions is crucial
- Continuous Improvement is a focus and can demonstrate experience in this area
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Being strongly motivated, resilient with a strict ethical code is needed
- Consultative and collaborative style to make best use of intellectual resource in their stakeholders and customers
- Self-starter, able to work using own resources with commitment to see tasks through to a conclusion
- Comfortable using procurement tools such as Contract Management System, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and e-Sourcing platforms
- IT literate- comfortable using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI.