Job Role: Commissioning Engineer
Location: Livingston or Glasgow - However Field Based
Salary: Up to £40k + full benefits
Start Date: ASAP.
Rullion has a fantastic opportunity for a commissioning engineer with a multimillion pound turnover water & waste water engineering organisation.
This opportunity will be based from Either Glasgow or Livingston covering various water treatment works throughout Scotland (mainly central belt)
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver all site-based commissioning elements associated with multi-disciplined projects, on-time to fully satisfy customer requirements, specifications, quality standards, and client acceptance criteria.
Full understanding of the commissioning requirements associated with the overall construction of any project whether this be electrical, mechanical & process elements of the project, from planning stage, through the project lifecycle until final commissioning and completion.
- Assist with the technical input into project specific commissioning plans during early stages of the project lifecycle and attendance at both factory acceptance and client acceptance tests.
- Demonstrate compliance with UK Specifications & Industry best practice.
- Provide project reporting to commissioning manager on a weekly basis including program progress and any change in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
- Have input into the project specific commissioning plan and keep records of tests up to date
- Identification and chasing of any sub-contractor commissioning plans for implementation in above.
- Provide commissioning support to the Project Manager, Engineer, and Site Manager as required.
- Attend factory acceptance test (FATs) & customer acceptance test (CFATs)
- Organise commissioning and co-ordination meetings.
- Identify and organise resource requirements to deliver commissioned Plant & Equipment
- Attend HAZCOM meetings
- Liaise with SW Ops & framework supplier engineers as required in line with the overall project commissioning plan
- Provide Commissioning documentation deliverables in line with SW specification e.g.
- O & M information
- Delivery Notes (in conjunction with the Site Engineer)
- Commissioning Plan
- Commissioning programme
- Installation & Commissioning Method Statements
- Instrument Test Sheets
- Load Test certificates
- Lifting equipment Test certificates
- Telemetry Testing Certificate
- Telemetry termination in line with list provided by Project
- As commissioned marked up drawings/Schedules
- Completion reports
- Pipe pressure test certificates
- Cable test certificates
- NICEIC test certificates
- DOMS procedure
- Mechanical checks as necessary
- Report progress and progress updates / issues to M&E Commissioning Manager, Project Manager, Site Manger escalating commissioning issues as required
- Report on Sub-contractor performance reporting.
- Supervision of commissioning activities of framework Sub-Contractors
- Witness sub-contractor test and populate Commissioning Plan with results
- Undertake site acceptance testing as required in line with the project specific commissioning plan.
- Asset Codes/Labelling.
- Carry out Training of client personnel.
- Organise and witness End to End Telemetry testing.
- Provide support to Site Manager for temporary works throughout project.
- Attend to Plant breakdowns post commissioning until final handover reporting on the type of defect and remedial actions required to fulfil overall project acceptance criteria.
- Awareness of NEC3 Construction & Engineering Contracts.
- Awareness of WIMES including Specification CESWI7 & Section 502 CESWI6
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.