Chief Technology Officer
Harvey Nash's has been selected on an exclusive basis to work with a market leading software house who are looking for a newly created CTO (Chief Technical Officer) to help head up their technology team as they enter a new phase for the company in being a true leader in their field by allowing them to deliver a truly unique experience to for all their end users.
You will be overseeing a technical team of 17 made up of senior and junior developers who develop across the very latest in DevOps and Web environments. In the short term you will be leading the team, demonstrate your skills in understanding the agile process and technology stack and be a strategic leader within the business.
You will be tasked with delivering project on time and making sure the teams are more aligned and look at the strategic vision for going into 2019. Reporting into CEO and communicate with board. You will have accountability for technology delivery and the opportunity to decide how to structure the technical team, the methodology and process used to deliver the technology within the company.
- We are looking for an individual has been a developer themselves and worked their way up the ranks and who will be able to lead the direction of technology for the company in the future and oversee an initial team of 18 developers. devops engineers and testers.
- A leader with strong technical skills who will inspire the technical team, investigate and utilise the latest technology advancements within the Cloud to give them the edge that a small, agile, technology company needs.
- You will be an individual who is excited about innovative product designs and roadmaps and has a desire to achieve product vision with the right technology solutions.
- You will ideally have represented technology at an executive level, communicating complex technical strategies to non-technical peers to help influence the commercial direction of the company.
- You will have good business acumen, understand how best to manage throughput of the technical team and deliver consistent cost-effective solutions in a reliable way.
- You will advise the board on strategy, operational delivery, cost management and security and get support to mould the technology company to your vision
A successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
You will ideally have strong understanding of development and be able to lead and command respect of the technology team. This includes working within an Agile environment and ideally have a background in hi-scale cloud computing , full stack web development and a real bonus if you have had some exposure to 3D game development, but this isn't essential for the role.
- Strong people management and team leadership skills
- Strategic vision
- Directing and mentoring senior and junior developers and future management staf
- Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical people at all levels within the company.
- Ability to manage complex and at times competing priorities.
- Ability to manage external third parties and partners to integrate technology solutions outside of the company
A well-funded SME focussed on growth. In a small, fast-paced environment where you will have significant autonomous influence over the direction of the company. You will have an opportunity to grow into a leader working in a fundamental, economic changing industry bringing social change to the UK. This role would suit someone who still likes to be involved at a technical level and is perhaps looking to make that step into a CTO role.
Could well suit a hands on Hed of Development, VP of Engineering or CTO who fancies a new challenge. Our client is offering a very competitive salary along with equity and a truly unique proposition to really add value back. Please send a copy of you CV outlining your suitability for the role or give Ryan Gibb a call for a confidential discussion.