Specific Job Description
This role will be responsible for running the day to day contracts that are in place, managing changes and updates to those contracts. Negotiation of prices and scope of work for contract changes. Being the knowledgeable point of contact for people to come and ask questions of, be able to help project managers etc. with information on contacts/scopes/costs etc. To own the commercial function on a daily basis.
Support and lead as required, programme meetings, contract change control process, general contractual communications and provide support and guidance to the programme team(s).
Minimise commercial risk exposure to the company through negotiating contract terms and conditions; creating commercial strategies for applying to bids and contracts as appropriate.
Commercial and sub-contract management lead for the business, liaising with respective responsible company managers for the contracts as required.
Experience of briefing commercial risks and mitigation strategies to senior management.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven Commercial skills employed in a customer-facing capacity, preferably with MoD.
- Comprehensive insight into MOD with experience of handling DEFCONS and other contract terms
- Knowledge of current MOD-DE&S contract policy.
- Ability to brief complex commercial issues to senior management together with mitigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to apply them within the team, customer, partners and managers.
- Must have background in defence commercial in one way shape or form whether it is contracting direct into the MOD or contrasting into a defence prime from a smaller defence company
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Practical experience of UK MOD defence contracting.
- Knowledge of UK Government policies and practices.
- Experience with service delivery based contracts.
- Experience of dealing with the Cost Analysis Assurance Services (CAAS) of the UK MOD on non-competitive contracts.
- Knowledge of Single Source Regulations
- Knowledge of MOD-employed pricing mechanisms and methodology - TCIF, Fixed Price etc.
- Strong negotiation and contract administrative skills.
- Experience in bid/capture teams.
- Numerically competent.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.