Sales Manager (Vacuum Pumps & Systems) (Scotland) £40-45K+ basic + Bonus
Sales Manager (Vacuum Pumps & Systems)
(Scotland & Northern Ireland)
(Food, Beverage, Food Production, Packaging, Process, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Detergents, Cosmetics , Plastics, Moulding, Glass, Oil & Gas, Power, Paper, Industrial Markets)
(Major International Manufacturer)
£40-45K+ basic (potentially up to 50K) + Bonus
Car /Car Allowance, + Pension (7%) + Full Benefits
This superb Area Sales Managers opportunity has been created with this division of a major manufacturer due to expansion and company development. The role is very much a high profile Area Sales Mangers positions covering their range of Vacuum Pumps and Systems (multi brands) (Average order values range from £30-60K up to £250K) and be a major part of the Sales Team developing End User Accounts (70-80%), OEM (20%) and Distribution Accounts for their geographical area. This is a 'home office’ based position so exact location within the region is open. They are very open on candidate’s background, there is a 1-2 year bedding in period and they have great facilities in place to train and develop individuals.
- Achieve and exceed the expectations in growing and sustaining the new division’s sales targets, reporting to the Business Line Manager, the successful candidate will be actively involved in setting these targets within the region.
- Deliver sales within the geographical area, in conjunction with the allocated sales routes while working to targets agreed.
- Provide 'Key account’ territorial management within the designated geographical territory.
- Increase and develop the levels of customer satisfaction through increased contact with all distributors.
- Coach and motivate the respective Compressor Technique area sales engineers, providing supporting resources as required to support any targets set (these will mostly come from the division but may need adaptation to the local market - as the divisional team are currently mostly English with approaching 100 years of experience between them, you will be well placed and well supported)
- Ensure the direct sales activity is monitored and supported including defining and delivering key objectives to achieve your VC (variable pay) and that of other stakeholders.
- Be actively involved with sales product and marketing campaigns in conjunction with the other managers of within set time scales.
- Support new product introductions.
- Develop our strategic approach to our Distributor network to maximise the development of sales opportunities and margins, with focus on ALL vacuum products and services to ensure loyalty and long term productive relationships.
- Sharing of leads for Nitrogen, compressors, service etc. is very important as is the ability to network internally and externally.
- Update all data in the required time scales: monthly reports, distributor analysis, forecasting and generated lead information.
- Key to the success is communication, across the various business areas within the UK, a key element is the ability to communicate at all levels and is fundamental to this role.
- End User and OEM opportunities will be part of the focus.
As the ideal candidate you will be developing sustainable business through effective customer liaison and sales activities with our UK distribution network (plus setting up new specialist vacuum distribution) and brand direct sales teams. We are focusing on fast growth in market share and you will be instrumental in achieving this. You will also be responsible for all vacuum sales and acts as a link to all stakeholders, channels and our product support coming from within the UK and the division in Europe. Next to selling yourself, you also will give training and support,have a Global Training and Competence Development Manager to help you. Any candidate must be flexible in their travel. Ideally you will have proven Pumps, Compressor or Pneumatics experience, but any related market experience with other types of rotating equipment is also an option with target markets such as packaging, wood, hospital type systems, plastics, central systems generally, canning, glass, food packaging,
You will also have:
- Have strong sales background
- Be IT literate
- Have strong customer focus
- Have strong commercial orientation
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be able to build strong and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Have strong planning and organising ability
- Have good business analysis skills
Any experience of the following products could:- Rotating Equipment, Fluid Flow Equipment, Pumps, Vacuum Pumps, Centrifugal Pumps, Positive Displacement Pumps, Mixers, Blending Systems, Analysers, Mixing Systems, Injection Systems, Metering Pumps, Pasteurisers, Gear, Centrifugal, Diaphragm, MAG Drive, Mettering, Rotary Loab, AODD, Positive Displacement, Impeller, Screw, Rotating Equipment Milking Systems, Filtration Systems, Packaging Systems, Pasteurisation Systems, Membrane Filtration, Blending Systems, Process Valves, Compressors, Seals, Multi Stage Pumps, Turbine Pumps, Chemical Pumps, Magnetic Drives, Sludge Pumps, Solid Handling Pumps, Gear Pumps, Progressive Cavity, Rotary Lobe, Peristaltic Pumps, Fluid Flow, Process Plant, Vacuum Pumps, Actuators, filters, pneumatics
The Area Sales Managers role could suit an individual with any of the following background Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Systems Sales Manager, Senior Sales Engineer, Key Account Manager, National Account Manager, UK Sales Manager etc
Region:- Scotland & Northern Ireland
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Stirling, Kilmarnock, Fort William, Fife, Perth, Lothian, Inverness, Falkirk, Aberdeen, East Kilbride
This is a superb Sales Managers opportunity for individuals who are seeking to develop their career with a major blue chip forward thinking manufacturer.