Finance Support Business Partner
Job Title: Finance Support Business Partner - Distribution
Salary: £31,500 to £47,900 (depending on skills and experience)+ annual bonus.
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
We are currently approaching the mid-point of this price control for Electricity Distribution (RIIO-ED1) and the business is going through a substantial period of change and transformation to deliver for customers and shareholders accordingly. As such, this is a varied and challenging and commercially driven finance role which will support the provision of financial support and challenge required to the Electricity Distribution business including its Leadership Team and Senior Management. This is a high profile role which will have exposure to strategic and business critical information and priorities and is pivotal to providing the financial support required to the business during this period of change. This will involve providing analytical and financial support to the business through financial analysis, financial modelling and cost benefit analysis to support Networks Operations, Asset Management and wider commercial decisions.
As such, this is a varied and challenging role which will contribute to many aspects of the financial support required to the Networks business with the primary responsibilities as follows:
This role will be responsible for preparing regulatory reporting information alongside business colleagues which will involved ensuring information is robust and compliant with guidance and with licence obligations.
- Supporting the Distribution Finance Business Partner and leading the preparation of annual reporting cost information to Ofgem
- Responsible for preparing various aspects of the regulatory reporting requirements to Ofgem including liaising with external auditors, business assurance and compliance;
- Establishing and improving processes, procedures and methodologies to improve reporting and the control framework as required by our regulatory licences;
- Working closely with colleagues in Networks and Finance to improve robustness and quality of financial information to support decision making and drive business efficiency
- Providing financial support to aid decision making in the Networks businesses i.e. Transmission and Distribution, providing financial modelling, analysis, oversight and governance;
- Representing SSEN at external meetings with Ofgem and other Network Operators, ensuring SSEN's position is asserted accordingly;
- Working closely with Finance and Regulation colleagues on regulatory finance issues affecting the business;
- Building strong working relationship with key stakeholders (both internal and external), including Ofgem, network operators, the business, wider finance teams, regulation and other corporate functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
Lots of good things, including 34 days' holidays (inclusive of public holidays), pension plans and paid volunteering days. Click here for a full breakdown; http://sse.com/careers/benefits-and-development/
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is:23rd January 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.